Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Which Brought About This...

"Dear Wasatch Families,
It appears that the US government will not help with the evacuation of our children in Haiti. They have told us basically to send out orphanage directors in Haiti to the embassy and take what paperwork they can and try and get the kids a visa or Humanitarian parole. So we sent Guesno Mardy (director of Foyer) to the embassy today, he went twice with children in tow, they would not let him in, they would not help him. It has come to my attention that those orphanages that have us coordinators on the ground in Haiti are
getting Visa’s and getting Humanitarian Parole. I have confirmed that all the children that have come home so far have had US citizen’s on the ground in Haiti with experience helping them. My opinion is that when they see Haitian’s coming they think they are just trying to get out of the country themselves, I don’t know for sure this is just my opinion.
So I have decided to go to Haiti and get our children, I am going with a special group of people who are dedicated to helping me, I have a representative from Foyer going (Lindsay Crapo) and I have my special humanitarian task force going, which includes a member of the military. I have experience with the embassy I know some of the personnel, I have been there to process paperwork and feel like I will be able to get our kids out. I am currently working on how to fly the kids out of Haiti once I have them. I am pretty sure we have a plane that will fly us out, but will let you know when it is Set. We will be bringing a total of 50 kids out of Haiti. I do have a seat on a missionary plane going into Haiti on Thursday.
So what I need from each of you right now is a copy of all the paperwork you sent to USCIS Haiti, I am going to take it with me to ensure we have everything we need to get Visa’s or Humanitarian Parole, I am going to try to get as many of the kids out on a Visa as I can. If you already cc’d me when you sent it in then I have it, but many of you did not so please send it now so that we can get it printed. I am taking a lap top and when I can I will keep you posted.

Your friend,
Chareyl
"

Chareyl, you are my hero. I can't begin to thank you enough for what you are doing. Please be safe and hurry home!!!

On a side note, the donations made to Collin's orphanage were able to be delivered to Harry yesterday. That means they now have the money to buy food and gas to survive. Thank you all for your generosity!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I am so sorry I did not donate sooner...my heart breaks for you, but I know God is with you. Currently, I am learning about the Isrealites in the wilderness, and how God sent them through the wilderness even though there was an easier route...this is your wilderness, have faith God is providing you with manna and a promised land! Much Love...

Pete and Mare said...

Chareyl truly is amazing. Praying with all my heart that they will have a safe trip and bring our little ones home:) ~mare