Wednesday, January 13, 2010

This Is Torture

I don't know if Collin is okay. Our coordinator has not been able to reach our contacts in Haiti. Below is a picture of the Presidential Palace posted on Twitter. It used to stand across the street from our hotel. There is a large park next to the Palace where the homeless sleep. Please pray for them.

I don't know if the hotel is still standing. These shanty's used to stand in the hills behind the hotel. I'm fairly certain they are gone. Please pray for those who used to call them home.

My thoughts turn to our friends at the hotel. Those who took care of us and drove us around the city. I pray they are safe. I pray that someday I'll know what happened to them. I think of my sweet new friend Ralph and his family. I don't know where they live or if they are okay.

My heart is breaking for my sweet little Collin. I can't imagine how scared he is. I'm angry that I can't be there to hold him and tell him it's going to be okay. Please pray for my sweet little boy and for all of the children at the orphanage. Please Heavenly Father, protect and comfort these little ones and some how make it possible for them to come home to us soon!

10 comments:

Meltmomma said...

Amen ! I second that prayer. Praying for us all , our little ones & our dear friends in Haiti.Please let there be news soon Lord.
Bambi

David and Candice said...

I can not wait for some sort of updates, kaleb was also worried about valde at the hotel and all the employes. sending you a big hug-Candice

Pete and Mare said...

i so agree! hang in there! we are praying for our children, their families and for all the hurting people in haiti. i pray that we recieve news soon! i feel that our children are okay. i pray that the o is fine and most of all that the people of haiti can recover from this. great big hug. ~mare

Anonymous said...

I love you friend.

You know my prayers are with you...

Jason and Kristin said...

Oh Tia, so heart breaking. You know you are in our prayers along with Collin and all the people in Haiti. Hang in there!

Teri said...

Hi my friend. I just popped by to see if you have any updates. I'm so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I was just napping and woke to the news of this horrible earthquake and you and Collin were at the forefront of my thoughts. Big huge (((hugs)))

Amy said...

Tia,
Thinking of you and cute baby Collin! You are all in my prayers. :)
~Amy & Shawn Witzel

Lewis Family said...

No news is good news- right?!? I sure hope so! Praying for all involved! ~Emily

Jamie said...

Tears...I found your blog via "because nice matters"! I am so sorry for all you are going through, I am praying for Collin and everyone in Haiti. May God grant you peace during this time...

Fulcrum said...

Tia,
I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Dawn's daughter. Once upon a long time ago, you were my babysitter.

Mom's been telling me about everything. I really hope that Collin is okay. It's not much, but I donated 5.00 to the orphanage to help them through this - I wish I could give more, but I'm only on State Assistance at the moment.

I put up information about Collin and the orphanage on my own blogs. It's gone on both my gamer blog here and on my LJ. Hopefully people will see it and send their prayers and good vibes out as well.

<3/Ixy