Sunday, January 31, 2010

Together Again!!


Once we made it to Miami, we had to wait for a bit (okay a little longer than a bit) but they finally brought a very sleepy Collin to me. He has a fabulous case of scabies and a cold (yeah, I wasn't surprised either) but other than that, he seems to be doing great. It took about two minutes to make him smile and only about a half an hour for him to call me mama. He's so sweet!
Many, many thanks to the kind people at His House Children's Center who took such great care of Collin and his friends until we could get there. Especially the cute lady who greeted me and cried with me and waited so patiently for me to be able to tell her our names through my tears.
It looks like we're hanging out in Miami for at least today, and possibly tomorrow. (Stupid Pro-Bowl; normally I like it, but this year it's making it so I can't get home!)
Thank you all so much for your love and support during the last two weeks. I've felt so blessed to have so many wonderful, loving and caring people in my life. I can't wait for you all to meet my new little boy! See you all soon!!

5 comments:

Fiddlefish said...

That photo -- what a most BEAUTIFUL sight. Today as I was doing singing time in Primary with the kids I broke down when they sang the chorus, "I know He lives. I will follow faithfully. My heart I give to Him. I know that my Savior loves me." All I could think about was you and Collin's adventure. He moves Heaven and Earth....... P.S. Aubri and I left a surprise outside your house for the ward to "contribute" to, but I think maybe your Mom moved it inside while you were gone? Just know there were lots of people's names that went with it. :)

Rod and Jess said...

Tears of joy at this house for you! Tara's right! Heaven and Earth have been moved! That picture is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! We are SOOOO excited for Collin to come home! All our love to both of you! . . .Oh, and we make really good babysitters when you need one! :)

Lewis Family said...

Yay! What an wonderful sight! Have a safe trip home. Can't wait to meet the cute little guy!

Teri said...

That is the sweetest picture! Yay, you have him in your arms!

Jason and Kristin said...

Wahoo! Now we need to fill your house with little boy stuff....when should we have a shower???