Friday, January 29, 2010

My New Hero

I thought you would all like to know the name of my new hero. It's Jake Yockers. He is our hero pilot that refused to leave Haiti without our little ones. I believe the phrase "you can put those kids on the plane or a gun to my head, but those are the only two ways I'm leaving this airport" were used.

Thank you Jake for taking a stand. Thank you for making sure my baby boy was on that plane before you left. Thank you for speaking for those who couldn't speak for themselves! Thank you, thank you!

5 comments:

Toria said...

This man deserves a medal or a national holliday in his honor. Thanx for sharing his name Tia. :) Love you!!! I want to know when my nephew's home... so call me!! or at least send a text my way. :)

Fiddlefish said...

Hmm. Now the next question is "Is Jake single?" :)

Fiddlefish said...

If the answer is yes, wouldn't THAT be a really happy ending?

Babcock Family said...

Thanks Jake

Dagen said...

Tia, we are so happy that collin is almost within your reach, hope that real soon you will have him in your arms. Our prayers are with you and MUCH gratitude for JAKE .
LOVE THE OVIATTS