Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Welcome Home Collin!!

(Okay, I know we've been home for a week, but sadly, I have been without a computer for most of that time. Mine crashed in Miami, and I just got a new one.)

When I got home that Friday, to madly pack a bag and catch a flight to Miami the next morning, I found this on my garage door.


Thanks so much to the Bale's and the Brown's (and anyone else who may have been involved). I did have to move it inside so the balloons would still be inflated when Collin actually made it home. He absolutely LOVED them!

The whole trip to Miami is a bit of a blur. Once we landed, and by we I mean the 9 families that traveled from Utah, we rented two SUV's and headed off to His House where the children were being taken care of. By the time we got there, it was a little after 5:00. It took a few hours for all of the children to be processed and reunited with their parents. Collin was the 2nd to last one. By the time they brought him to me, it was close to 8:00pm. He was half asleep, but he still reached out for me, which of course made me cry. It only took a few minutes to turn the sleepy boy into this:

We flew into Miami during Pro-Bowl weekend. It didn't cause too much of a problem until we tried to fly OUT. There was nothing available until late Monday night, which put us home at midnight. That didn't stop Grandma, Grandpa and a few aunts, uncles and cousins from being there to welcome us home. Thanks guys!

We're working on a getting on a schedule so hopefully, I'll be able to update a little more often. Stay tuned!!

5 comments:

Toria said...

Thanx for updating Gus! I have some really cute pictures of Collin and Jaxson playing that I need to send to you. :)

David and Candice said...

So glad he is home he has such a cute smile love it:)-Candice

Teri said...

What a cute little guy! So glad he's here!

Andy said...

So, so happy for you Tia. You deserve it. You guys are going to have so much fun together!

Meltmomma said...

Glad to hear you are home & well ! Computers always do that at the best times :) Glad you are up & running now !
Bambi