Monday, February 15, 2010

Sweet Dreams Little One

The first night Collin was home, I had grand dreams of him sleeping in his own room, with me in a sleeping bag next to him. It seemed like a good idea at the time, until we didn't get home until nearly one in the morning. Collin saw the bed (which at the time was a mattress on the floor with a darling spread that Grandma made for him) and started freaking out. I was too tired to play that night, so we slept in my bed. That went on for the rest of the first week. Then, last week, thanks to our new friends, The Mason's, Collin got a brand new Captain's bed and mommy pulled out the sleeping bag on his floor.
The first night, he slept great, almost 12 hours, only waking up twice. Both times, all I had to say was "mommy's here" and rub his back for about 30 seconds and he went back to sleep. Fast forward to the end of last week when mommy's still-attempting-to-heal hip reminded her that she is MUCH too old for sleeping on the floor for any extended period of time, and it was time for a new plan: Collin gets to sleep solo. It took him a bit to warm up to mommy's plan, but for the last few nights, Collin has drifted off to dream land in his own little bed, and so has mommy.

I used to secretly giggle when people would say that they love to watch their children sleep. Now I completely get it. Laundry can wait and the bathrooms? Well, I wasn't really cleaning those before... :)

7 comments:

Marilee said...

So so sweet. I love seeing sweet pictures of him sleeping so cozy in his new little bed. I know what you mean about sleeping on the floor... So glad that you both are adjusting so well. :) ~Mare

Chelsea said...

Oh Tia, I would watch him sleep all night, too! He's so beautiful! I'm glad he's sleeping solo so early! Maybe, he could share his secret with my 5 yr. old! Chelsea Whitney

David and Candice said...

How sweet! he looks so warm and cozy.
I am so happy for you guys:)-Candice

Jason and Kristin said...

Yeah, forget the bathrooms! I'd sit and stare at him too. In fact, I think I will on Saturday!!!!

Fiddlefish said...

Soooooooooo sweet. He looks like he is completely at home in his new element. So glad he is adjusting so well.

Anonymous said...

I love love love this little boy!

Let's talk soon! :)

Teri said...

I love seeing pictures of him at your house. He's such a cutie pie!