Sunday, February 28, 2010

Go Mommy Go!

My fabulous friends and neighbors threw a welcome home open house for Collin last weekend. One sweet family got him a Go Diego Go! tricycle. (Thanks again Jonie and family, he absolutely loves it!) I was totally excited for him. Until I started reading the instructions which started with "adult assembly required". I experienced a few moments of sheer panic when I looked around and realized...that was me. Oh boy. After a few deep breaths, and a little internal pep talk, I grabbed my trusty set of pink tools and went to work.

Bless, his little heart, Collin seemed to have complete confidence in me. He even offered to help keep it steady while I put the wheels on. At least that's what I decided he meant when he plopped down on it out of nowhere and refused to move. Now come on, doesn't that look like complete confidence on his face?

It probably took about three times longer than it would have taken grandpa or uncle Jed to do it, but in the end:

Mommy was still the hero and that face made it totally worth it! Bring on the swing set! Okay, really don't. Pink tools can only go so far... Thanks again Kristin and Mandi for organizing and all of our friends for coming. We had a blast!

5 comments:

Jonie said...

we are glad that he likes it, Good Job, you did great.

mlg said...

You are awesome, I could never put anything together!

Jason and Kristin said...

Jonah was looking at the blog with me and asked if he could play with Collin. Then he asked if he could ride his toy. The pink tool kit is a winner. I have a pink one too and I even find Jason using it. Good luck this week. I hope it all goes well!

David and Candice said...

Glad you have some pink tools wait until Santa brings you lots of things to put together.:)-Candice

Teri said...

It looks like he LOVES it! I'm proud of you Tia, your rockin' the pink tools!