Friday, December 11, 2009

Yes Virginia There Is A Santa Clause!

Okay, so I'm not Virginia, and I already believe there is a Santa Clause, but I'll bet the title got your attention. :) This isn't a horribly exciting post, but because I plan to print this blog out and use it as a baby book of sorts for Collin, I'm documenting it anyway.

I've been waiting for about two months for Uncle Sam and his friends to process my I-171H form. Two weeks before I went to Haiti, I was told that my application was 8 back in line and that they would do their best to get it to me before the trip. Obviously, that didn't happen. I expected it to be in the mail when we got back. Still didn't happen. But finally, after two very long months of wondering if my application was either being used to prop open a door or had accidently been sucked into a beaurecratic black hole, it finally arrived!!! I admit it, I did a little happy dance in the street. Good news, it was dark and no one saw me. Bad news, the roads in my neighborhood had not been plowed yet and were a little snow packed. No worries, a little slipping and sliding, but no falling and bouncing! All that for one little piece of paper... Oh well, this officially puts us one small step closer!

Now, let's see if I can make it to January/February without losing it! :)

5 comments:

David and Candice said...

That is great news know you get to spend a day at the U.S.Embassy!!-Candice

Jason and Kristin said...

Wahoo! One small step for the adoption process one huge leap for Tia! Congrats!

Meltmomma said...

Great news ! Jan/ Feb will be here before you know it :)
Bambi

Jason and Kristin said...

I just randomly came across that tax guys info and I seem to have lost your e-mail address so I'm leaving the info here for you.


Donald A. Nelson
office: 801-262-5403
cell: 801-414-8876
e-mail: donaldnelson964@msn.com

Pete and Mare said...

Congratulations! One step closer. I pray that the steps will speed up and that everyones children will be home soon!:) ~Mare