Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Where's The Beef?

When we're in Haiti, we eat at the restaurant located inside (and outside, where I met all of my mosquito buddies) the hotel. It's safer that way. The menu selection isn't huge, but everything I've tried so far, I've enjoyed. I didn't get to try the fried tarot root that my friend Brent ordered, because Collin took it away from me and gobbled it up. He apparently REALLY enjoyed it. Wanna know what else he enjoyed?

Hamburgers. Yep, the restaurant serves hamburgers and french fries. Who knew?
He didn't care much for the bun, the lettuce or the tomato. Nope, this boy wanted meat!

It's a good thing too, since the patties were about the size of his head.

He also liked the french fries. Although mostly because they were a more efficient way of getting the ketchup into his mouth. It's a little sweeter there, I don't know why. My favorite dish so far? Haitian spaghetti. Yummy!! Collin likes that a lot too. Wanna know something he didn't like? Banana's. Go figure...

4 comments:

Meltmomma said...

You will have to introduce him to the golden arches when he gets home. Of course I think somehow every child is born knowing what those golden arches stand for.We never had to introduce our kids to McDonalds they just knew it was calling their name :)
Bambi

David and Candice said...

You gotta love Ketchup with some fries:)-Candice

Jason and Kristin said...

Is he eating on the floor? Silly boy. Ketchup is a must at our house. As for eating are you still in for Thursday? We are eating at Iggy's in SLC at 9:30.

Tia said...

Kristin, he is on the floor, only because there are no kid friendly chairs, and it's easier to clean up. I promise, I cleaned it first!
I think I'm up for dinner on Thursday.