Thursday, January 6, 2011

Turkey Day!

I have to admit, aside from Christmas, Thanksgiving was the holiday I was looking forward to celebrating with Collin the most. I knew he would be excited to see all of that food! He didn't disappoint. He wanted to try a little of everything. In the end, we discovered some new favorites.

Turkey - He's a white meat kinda guy, but I won't hold it against him
Old Fashioned Stuffing - Good thing too, mommy made that one
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy - Was there ever any doubt?
Yams - That one surprised me
Cornbread Stuffing- Grandma's specialty
Green Bean Casserole - Better enjoy that while you can Sweet Pea (mommy's not a fan)
And of course... PUMPKIN PIE:
Okay, maybe more like whipped cream...
I was gonna blame this on Uncle Nate, until I realized, that's mommy's hand in the picture...

And that is one stuffed little boy. Words don't even begin to express how grateful I was to have Collin home with me this Thanksgiving. My heart is overflowing with gratitude. So, incidentally, were my tear ducts... Big surprise.

No comments: