Monday, January 3, 2011

How DO You Train Your Dragon?

A few months ago, I was trying to get Collin to clean up his toys so we could leave the house. The conversation went something like this:

Mommy: Collin, lets put the toys away so we can go bye-bye (I missed the first 2 years of his life, baby-talk is still allowed)
Collin: I not Collin
Mommy: Umm, who are you?
Collin: I'na dragon (I'm a dragon)
Mommy: Oh, well then, come on baby dragon, let's clean up your toys
Collin: (blows on mommy with a very irritated look on his face)
Mommy: Did you just breath fire on me?
Collin: Yep

And from that little exchange, a Halloween costume was born, or hatched (or ordered from a catalog... Isn't he cute?

Halloween happened to fall 2 days after his tummy surgery, but you'd never know it. We started with a visit to Grandma Great's house with the rest of the cousins.

Where we attempted, with marginal success, to get all of the children to stand still for a picture. This was the best we could do (Notice Grandma's face, PRICELESS!):

We had better success at Uncle Ty and Aunt Lisa's house. As long as Aunt Jessie kept a firm hold on our dragon's tail (dragon's can fly you know)...


After this little field trip, the mommies were exhausted and it was pouring rain outside. We decided to go trick-or-treat and Grandma's house and then head home to hand out candy to anyone crazy enough, I mean dedicated enough, to brave the elements.

Collin was thrilled to see all of the kids come to our door. Tucker? Not so much. He spent the majority of the evening in the bathroom. All in all, I think I would rate our first Halloween a success, wouldn't you? (You'd better say yes, or I'm sending the dragon after you!)

3 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

So stinking cute. He did so great on Sunday. Such a good little boy!

David and Candice said...

I love the costume!-Candice

Meltmomma said...

What a cute dragon !
Bambi