Saturday, October 10, 2009

Star Light Star Bright...

Wanna know what I'm wishing for tonight? All you have to do is ask. Well there are a couple of obvious things that are always on my wish list, but tonight, I'm saving my biggest wish for... a little white piece of paper. Didn't see that one coming did you? :) This particular piece of paper (I have no idea what color it is) will be delivered by my friendly neighborhood postman or woman, I'm not sure, it's been a while since I've seen him, er her. This illusive piece of paper is from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, USCIS for short. The paper I'm waiting for is called an I-171H. Why is it so important? The I-171H form is apparently required to allow the United States Government to do their part of the adoption process while the Haitian Government does their part. Why would one governmental office ask for this piece of paper from the other when neither one of them cares about the other's position? Yeah, I have absolutely no idea. I'm just doing what I'm told.


The I-171H is mailed to me from USCIS once my fingerprints have been processed and I've been cleared to adopt a child. The problem? USCIS is just starting to process paperwork filed the 1st part of August. Because I had to wait for my home study to be completed before I could file, my paperwork didn't get filed until the end of August. The very last day of August to be precise. The bigger problem? I have to file the I-171H (I'm starting to hate the name of this form) in person at the embassy in Haiti. I'll be in Haiti at the end of the week. Whether or not the form will be with me, remains to be seen. There's a chance, albeit a very slim one, that it could still make it in time. And hey, isn't that what wishes are for?

4 comments:

Meltmomma said...

Hoping your wish comes true :) Fingers crossed !
Bambi

David and Candice said...

We will think good thoughts that it will show up before Friday,fingers crossed toes crossed for you. see you this Friday:)-Candice

Jason and Kristin said...

1st. Your postal person is a woman. 2nd. That form 1-171H or whatever that was sounds like the name of a disease! So here's hoping you catch it. Hope your feeling better.

Amy Jones said...

Ooooooh! It makes me grumpy when you have to wait on other people (who obviously don't care) to make such critically important moves.

I really, really, really, hope it works out SOON!

(PS. Glad to know the swelling is better. Darn motrin)