Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Bug's Life...

This post is brought to you by Cortizone cream, the letter "I" (for itchy!!!), and the 44 mosquito's (yes, I counted) that made a meal out of me this past week. A shout out to the two pesky little buggers who bit me on my face, and a special thanks to the sneaky little guy who must have found me in the shower, because I can't imagine how else I could possibly have gotten a bite in that area of my anatomy. But I digress...

This is what we found we when checked into our first hotel room in Haiti.

Looks dead huh? Yeah, that's what I thought. That's why I took his picture. Then his antennae started moving. Then one of his legs started moving. Then I was on the other side of the room with my fingers in my ears so I wouldn't hear the crunching sound when Lori stepped on it. Now he is officially dead. I don't do cockroaches well. Luckily, this is the only one I saw this trip. :)

Turns out the semi-dead cockroach was a bad omen for our room. We found out about an hour later, after we'd unpacked everything, that our air conditioner was broken. It was over 100 degrees in Haiti last week. We NEEDED air conditioning. Luckily, the hotel had two additional adjoining rooms on the next floor. And luckier still, Brent and Lori were willing to move upstairs with us. Thanks guys, I don't know what we would have done without you!!

I'd hate to leave you with such a yucky picture in your mind, so here's another cute one of Collin.

Dang he's cute!!!

4 comments:

R AND R AND Z said...

he is so cute and that cock roach is not

Kate said...

T. you crack me up! Glad you are back home safe and sound. I want more pics!

Jason and Kristin said...

Hey you're home! How'd it go? We need to talk!!!!

mlg said...

gotta love the cockroaches! I am glad you were able to move to a better room! Colin is such a cute little guy!