Monday, April 5, 2010

How To Color An Easter Egg

There are many things about raising Collin that I haven't really had time to think about. One of them? Easter traditions. Now I'm not talking about the resurrection of the Savior, that part I have covered. I'm talking about the non-spiritual stuff, like coloring Easter eggs. Ever tried to explain the concept to a two year old? How 'bout a two year old who is just learning English? I have...for about 30 seconds... Then we (and by "we" I mean me and my sister's who were laughing at me) decided the best way to learn is to "do".

Step 1: Put the egg in the dye.

Trust me...

Step 2: Leave it in there for awhile...

Step 3: Carefully take it out and give it to Mommy

Step 4: Really?? (Don't look at me, step 4 he came up with on his own, and no, it did not taste good)

Step 5: Turn him loose (Well, sort of...)

Mission accomplished!

5 comments:

Fiddlefish said...

It's a beautiful thing to see him so settled and happy. Looks like you all had fun! Adam had no clue about the egg hunt even though we tried to show him. He just went straight for the treats inside. LOL

Anonymous said...

I love all of the pictures...but that first one is PRICELESS!!!

Rod and Jess said...

Beautiful pictures! He does look so happy . . . and so do you! What a cute mommy!

Meltmomma said...

It is hard to explain things too a little one when things like coloring Easter eggs just comes second nature to us :)
Bambi

Jason and Kristin said...

Happy Easter, I haven't talked to you forever it seems. It looks like all is well!