Tuesday, April 13, 2010

You Oughta Be In Easter Pictures

Okay, really, you just oughta sit still long enough to TAKE an Easter picture.... I was all excited to put Collin in his first Easter outfit. I had grand illusions of a sweet little angel sitting on the couch, ready to capture our first official "big" holiday together on film. My plan was simple. Dress Collin in his Easter outfit. Sit him on the couch. Ask him to smile. Take the picture. It should have taken all of about 3 minutes. Stop laughing, I'm still learning. After getting his pants and shirt on, I turned around to grab the sweater vest and Collin, seeing the perfect opportunity for escape, scampered away. I spent the next 5 minutes chasing him around the house, pinning him down and FINALLY getting the sweater on over his head. It didn't taken me much longer than that to realize that Collin had plans of his own about this whole picture taking thing, so I tried to distract him by singing songs while he was on the couch, he's a VERY animated singer when it's just the two of us, and snapping the picture when he got the most animated.

Attempt #1

Attempt #2

Attempt #3
That's as good as it's gonna get. Good thing too. Two minutes later, he fell off the chair and put his bottom teeth through his lip... Poor baby.

2 comments:

Kaylyn and Rob said...

Well, we all have great hopes of getting the perfect Easter picture (or any other for that matter). I just hope you have the opportunity to try and get that picture with more than one child :) That's even better.

Jason and Kristin said...

Ah, it always ends with a wounded child and a sweaty mom.