Monday, February 20, 2012

Be My Valentine

Valentine's Day has never been my favorite holiday, but I do have special memories of that very "special" day growing up. My mom always made it fun and at the same time made all nine kids feel special. And this year, I decided I wanted that for Collin.

It came in handy, that I was also channeling a bit of Betty Crocker that day. For a day. Okay, for a morning. I decided to get up early (since I guard the hours I actually get to sleep with my life, that in and of itself was pretty big) and make heart shaped pancakes. Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time. Have you ever tried to make heart shaped pancakes? After my sixth attempt, they finally started to look like hearts. Good thing I got up early, huh? But now, I'm a pro, if I do say so myself. I was pretty proud of the final product.

Collin on the other hand, was totally confused. "Mommy... they're pink?" I said "Yep, they are, because it's Valentine's day and Mommy loves you." Still slightly sleepy, he said "While I was asleep, you made me pink hearts?" Why yes, yes I did. :)


His reaction to his Valentine's gift, was much less confusing. What little boy wouldn't love a movie about a pack of puppies?


Happy Valentine's day Sweet Boy. Thanks for making this holiday mean something to me again. I love you!

1 comment:

mlg said...

I miss Colin I hope I can see him again, Love Destina!