Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Holidays...Or Something Like That

This past weekend, Collin and I went to Grandma Great's to delivery a Valentine prize. The entire drive from our house to hers (about 40 minutes) we practiced saying "Happy Valentine's Day Grandma!" By the time we got there, he was getting pretty good at it. Or so I thought...

Until we walked through the front door of Grandma's house. She was so excited to see Collin and believe me, the feeling was mutual. I think it threw him off his game a little. Grandma and I both had to suppress a laugh when Collin jumped up and down and yelled excitedly "Happy Holiday's Grandma!!" Huh? I don't believe we were even saying Happy Holiday's at Christmas time.

If you happen to see Collin around Easter and he tells you "Happy Valentine's Day!", don't be too concerned, we're just catching up... Oh and by the way, this cookie is probably the reason he was literally bouncing off the walls for most of the night and didn't go to sleep until about 2 hours past his bedtime. Thanks for the Valentine fun Aunt Jessie!

2 comments:

David and Candice said...

I love that they are learning about the Holidays!! How fun:)-Candice

Jason and Kristin said...

Mmmmm, that is one good looking sugar cookie! Happy Holidays to you too!