Monday, August 24, 2009

The Great Button Caper

Not long after I made the decision to adopt Collin, I got a mysterious package in the mail. When I opened it I found this:














Yep, it's a bag of buttons. And not just any buttons. Buttons emblazoned with the name of Collin's orphanage and it's logo. Now what is so mysterious about a bag of buttons you ask? Well, let me tell you. First of all, let's talk about the return address. Oh wait, there wasn't one. Well, maybe there was sort of one. A post office box in Pleasant Grove. Box 555. Sound familiar to anyone? Okay then, let's talk about the post mark. Now, you'd think a post office box in Pleasant Grove would be post marked from Pleasant Grove, or at the very least Salt Lake City right? That's what I thought, but we're wrong. This particular evelope is post marked San Diego. Do you know anyone in San Diego? Neither do I. Let's move on to the address the myterious buttonmaker used to get this package to me. For any who may not know, I live on a street that is both named and numbered. The post office, and the phone book, use the name. I use the number. The buttonmaker used the name. They also used my full name, middle initial included. Now all of this, combined with the fact that there was no note, none whatsoever, leads me to believe that the mysterious buttonmaker wants to remain anonymous. Now where's the fun in that?? Come on now, mysterious buttonmaker, reveal yourself! Okay, really, I just want to know who to thank. The buttons are absolutely darling. Whoever you are, thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and creativity!

4 comments:

David and Candice said...

Those are very cool!! hope you figure it out -Candice

Meltmomma said...

Those are really neat ! Buttons would be great to pass out to family and friends to show their support for the O.Okay button maker,reveal yourself :)
Bambi

Anonymous said...

You don't think it was Lori?

Jason and Kristin said...

What are you going to do with your bag of buttons? Very strange indeed ;).