Wednesday, July 8, 2009

We Interupt Our Regularly Scheduled Program ...

Okay, so some of you already know, but for those of you who may not, I'm going to make it official. After a WHOLE LOT of fasting, praying, crying, pondering, praying some more, temple visiting, and one fabulous priesthood blessing I have made a decision. I am expanding my family by one adorable little Haitian baby. I'd like you all to meet Collin "Ollie" Andrew.

I imagine that if Ollie actually understood what just happened, his reaction would be something like this:












Or maybe this:













All I know is that if I were with him right now, my reaction would be this:














Now I know what a lot of you are thinking,(believe me, I've spent a good part of the last two weeks thinking it myself)and I love you all so much for your concern for me and my well being. I've had the opportunity to grow a whole lot closer to Heavenly Father over the past two weeks and, though the details are a little too tender to submit to blogland, I have absolutely no doubt that I am doing the right thing.

And so little Collin, we embark on this little journey together. Please take care of my heart until I see you again. I'm gonna need it back some day. But most importantly, I'm gonna need you!












Just you and me kid. Well, for now anyway. (Hey, this process takes almost two years, you never know what can happen in two years!) It's shaping up to be a pretty exciting next couple of years.

24 comments:

David and Candice said...

YEAH!!! congratulations,isn't it funny how Heavenly fathers plans are.We are so excited for you if you ever need anything we are just right up the road from you.-Candice

Jodi Jo said...

Tia, I am soooo happy for you. I don't really know how else to express that. This is fabulous news and I wish you nothing but the best. Can't wait to meet the little guy.

mlg said...

Tia, so happy for you and especially Collin he is one lucky guy you two will be great for each other!

Lori said...

This is a big "two points for the Lord!" I'm very proud of you, sister! You're going to be a great momma and Collin is lucky to have such a compassionate, vibrant woman for his mom!

I love you! L

Maggie said...

Tia...goosebumps and tears...and our love, support and whatever help you need from us!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Tia! I'm so happy for you!

Jason and Kristin said...

Still can't believe it!!!! Good things come to those who wait :) lOve ya

R AND R AND Z said...

CONGRATS. That is so wonderful.

Mandi said...

What great news...like I said before, there is noone better than you with a whole lot of love and a huge heart to give to this special little boy. We are happy for you in so many ways. Let's hope for a quick process!

Janette said...

Such exciting news! I've looked into a few pairs of Haitian eyes myself and understand how you fell in love. Can't wait to talk to you about it!

Jonie said...

tingles all the way up both arms, I am so happy for both of you and excited for you

Amy Jones said...

What amazing news. I'm so excited for you...and will be right here with prayers and whatever else you may need as you go through this process. You have a HUGE support group, my friend!

Congratulations. To you and to Collin. You'll be a wonderful mom!

Jayna said...

Congratulations Tia, he is absolutely adorable. I hope everything goes smoothly and quickly for you. Z will love having a friend just across the street.

Lewis Family said...

What wonderful news! He is absolutely adorable and your will be the best mom! I hope everything goes quickly and smoothly and you have him home soon! ~Emily

Teri said...

Tia, I'm so happy for you! I'm all choked up. It took me a while to be able to tell Sean. He is adorable, we can't wait to meet him. We will be praying for you that everything works out smoothly. I have no doubts that you will be an amazing mommy!

Olsen's said...

Good for you Tia! I am so very happy for you. Let me know if I can do anything to help you!

Lyndi said...

What an amazing story, thanks for sharing it with the world. Congratulations on the newest member of your family Tia!

dreamingBIGdreams said...

congrats so much!
we're in the process too! a boy and a girl. one has a passport and one still in MOI.
have fun on this journey. :)

Meltmomma said...

Welcome aboard the adoption train ! We are so excited for you and for Collin :) Congratulations!

Christina Updike said...

Tia!!!!! This is WONDERFUL news!! Oh I am just so excited for you! You will be such a great mother!!! I am just giddy thinking about it all! Congratulations!! This little boy is so lucky!

Lori Cluff said...

You will be an amazing mother. We are so happy for you, Tia! Keep us posted!

Salzwedel Family said...

Congrats on your precious boy! Those sweet ones from Haiti are definitely worth the wait.

Emily said...

So sorry that I skimmed this before now. Congratulations Tia. What wonderful news for you. You will be such a wonderful mother. Good luck with everything and I am sure everything will work itself out in the end.

Pete and Mare said...

I couldn't resist leaving a comment on your post. Collin is so very beautiful! Congratulations! You guys are such a beautiful family! I am excited for the opportunity to watch you two grow together. It's amazing how Heavenly Father guides us to our family. ~ Mare