Thursday, July 7, 2011

Now Why Didn't I Think Of That?

The other night, we were treated to a pretty impressive thunder and lightening storm. I'd put Collin to bed already and was watching the storm from the front window of my house. I noticed a several of the neighbors outside watching from the relative "dryness" of their covered porches, which, incidentally, I don't have. But porch or no porch, it looked like fun. So I grabbed a still wide awake Collin, blanket and all, and headed to...the garage (I'm not completely insane, it was lightening for crying out loud). We cuddled together in a camp chair and watched the rain come down.

I was trying not to get all teary eyed with visions of all the flowers I'd just planted floating down the street, when a very bright, very close bolt of lightening got my immediate attention. Collin is still not a big fan of loud noises, and figuring lightening that close was going to be accompanied by a VERY LOUD clap of thunder, I was already gathering up my sleepy baby, and the Mickey Mouse blankie in an effort to get inside before "it" hit. That is, until Collin looked up at me with a big grin on his face and said "Yook mommy, the 'under is taking our picture, say cheese!".

Now I've heard thunder and lightening described to little ones in several ways, angels bowling, angels having a square dance (yeah, I don't really get it either...), the lightening asking a question and the thunder answering, but a Celestial photo-shoot? Only in the eyes of one hilarious baby boy.

And for the record? We did spend the next few minutes "posing" for the camera, and I'll bet the next time you see lightening, somewhere in the back of your mind, you will too! :)

3 comments:

Rod and Jess said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever heard! What an amazing kid! The girls and I have had so much fun catching up on your blog lately! It's so fun to see the sparkle in your eyes, and such a happy, healthy, adorable little guy! Love to both of you!

Jason and Kristin said...

I never would have thought of that. He is something else!

Aubri n Scott said...

This what great! made me smile! And I bet I will pose a little next time I see lightening! Thanks for this Tia!