Monday, December 20, 2010

Fun At The Zoo!

At the end of the summer we decided to go visit the zoo. Collin was so excited to see the new baby elephant Zuri. He did get a little jealous when Zuri and her mom started to play with the ball and Collin couldn't join in.

Mommy made the mistake of pointing out the carousel at the beginning of our visit, (oops, but in my defense, I didn't think he'd know what it was or have ANY interest in riding it) so after the 237th, (I might be rounding up, but not by much), time of telling him "we'll ride it in a minute", I gave in and bought the ticket. He picked the walrus. Yeah, I have no idea why...

Believe it or not, he's not completely terrified, this is actually his "happy Collin" face. I know, we're working on it...

After a little more walking, we opted for a train ride through the rest of the zoo. And by the rest of the zoo, I mean the last itty bitty corner that we handed already covered on foot, pushing a stroller. That might have been Collin's favorite part. He LOVES trains.
I can't decide which was having more fun, Collin seeing the animals up close for the first time, or Mommy watching his reaction. Seriously, how DO you explain a rhinoceros to a 2 year old Haitian?

1 comment:

Jason and Kristin said...

Ah, the zoo. How fun for you guys. You are a way nicer mom than me because I never buy the extra ticket for the train and carousel. :)