Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Little Hero

A couple of months ago, we went to the doctor because Collin's tummy was hurting him. Two months later, we've been to Primary Children's three times, 4 different doctors and been diagnosed with the following: Giardia, parasites (there's a surprise...), H-pylori (a stomach bug that causes stomach pain, cramping, bleeding and ulcers), a heart murmur, a domed aortic something or other (it has a name, but I can't remember it and the cardiologist told me it was nothing to be too concerned about) a hernia that needs surgery, a possible aversion to all dairy products, and a cold. And yet, this is the side of Collin we generally see.


He doesn't let anything get him down. Collin, you are such an inspiration to me. I am so proud of you and so grateful to be your mommy. Thank you for reminding me every day of the kind of person I want to be. I promise, we will get you all better soon. I can't wait to see how much more fun you have in your new little world when you finally feel good! I think I'd better start resting up now...

6 comments:

Rod and Jess said...

Holy cow! That is a lot for one little body to be going through! I can't believe how happy he is in spite of it! Life is going to be completely different when he feels good! We're keeping you in our thoughts and prayers! Please let us know if we can do anything to help! He is still the most adorable little guy ever!

mlg said...

It is amazing how much their little bodies can take! He has such a cute smile and you better watch out if you think he has energy now just wait!!! By the way Destina sends a hug she really misses him!

Jason and Kristin said...

He is such a trooper! You are such a good mom!

Aubri n Scott said...

His smile is to die for! He is an amazing little boy! You are blessed to have him, but he is just as blessed to have you! When does he have surgery on his hernia? Let me know if we can help! Love you both!

David and Candice said...

We hope he get's feeling better soon. They are so amazing how they are sick but we do not know how sick until the doctors say everything that is going on. He is such a Handsome little man:)-Candice

Pete and Mare said...

He is such a beautiful little boy. It's just amazing how much their little bodies have to overcome. Great job not giving up on getting him all better Tia. Please keep us posted. We will be praying for you guys. We love you guys! ~ Mare