Friday, June 26, 2009

Sweet Surprise

Once we managed to make it through the airport circus, we made our way to the La Plaza hotel, where a wonderful surprise was waiting for all of the adopted mommies (the daddies had to stay at the airport and wait for another van) and, as it turned out, me.

The orphanage coordinator had arranged to have all of the children already at the hotel. These are my good friends Lori and Brent's two little angels Jessica and Nathan. Aren't they darling?



























As we were collecting our luggage and heading to our room, the coordinator told me that a little boy had "accidently" been brought to the hotel. Accidently? Yeah, I totally got set up. She asked me if I'd stay with him for a while and they'd take him back to the orphanage. This is sweet little Olivier.












Ollie wasn't feeling well, and spent the next few hours cuddling with me. Needless to say, when Nichole came back to tell me she was ready to take him back, she left empty handed. I got to spend the next four days playing Ollie's "mom". It's an experience I will cherish for the rest of my life. I had no idea I could fall in love so completely, so quickly. I miss his big brown eyes. They seemed to look right through me. He was sick for most of the week, but still managed to play a little. When he got tired, he would come to me, hold his little arms up, and nestle into my neck. I miss you Ollie. I hope you are feeling better and that there is someone there to cuddle with you and make sure you are getting plenty to eat.

5 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

All 3 of those little ones are BEAUTIFUL! How you holding up? Are you still sick, more than pink eye? I should just call you :)

Anonymous said...

And I cry again...geesh.

Tia said...

Kristin - I'll call you.

Noelle - Me too. I had to close my eyes to put his picture up.

Amy Jones said...

No fair. My allergies are already messing things up...you didn't need to add to the congestion with that adorable little boy!

Dangit...I'm still crying.

You're an amazing woman. Seriously.

Mandi said...

oh my, all I can say is PRECIOUS!!