Thursday, October 30, 2008

Does this make me a bad influence?

Last weekend was our annual family pumpkin party. Now, because I don't have any children, (or husband, or significant other, or prospects of a significant other, but I digress...) my role at this event is relatively simple. Help make the chicken wings and lend a hand, or spoon as the case may be, to any small child who may be in need. This time, Logan was in need. The following is a conversation we had while we were both up to our elbows in pumpkin guts.


Logan: T.T. (that's what he calls me) what's that?
Me: It's a pumpkin
Logan: Can I eat it?
Me: Are you sure you want to?
Logan: Yep, it looks yummy.
(I couldn't resist. I cut off a bit of pumpkin and handed it to him.)
Me: What do you think?
Logan: (Looking around frantically for a place to spit it out) It's yummy.
Me: Are you sure?
Logan: Yep, yummy.
Me & by now his mommy, both trying to talk while laughing hysterically: Do you want to spit it out?
Logan: Umm, yep...















Not to be outdone, his older brother Jaxson, put a little in his own mouth too. What have I done??














In the end, it was only fair that Aunt T.T. had a bit too... Yummy!!!!

4 comments:

cucukespe said...

Nice blog...visit my blog too: http://www.asiangoblog.blogspot.com

Aubri n Scott said...

Very cute! You are the worlds best aunt I am sure!

Jason and Kristin said...

Next year maybe you could introduce them to pumpkin cookies or bread first :) What a good Aunt to try it yourself! I LOVE that you are blogging. It makes me feel like I get to see you more often. Happy Halloween.

Lori said...

HAHA! kids are awesome. That's funny. Good try, Logan.